Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, deliciuous and nice to see because of the puffed rice topping! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup puffed rice cereal
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Grease 11 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup milk, oil and egg; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Add more milk if needed.
- Divide batter evenly into 11 muffin cups.
- Spread puffed rice on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.