Recipe by Susiecat too
A healthier version of pancakes, this is from "The Joy of Cooking" and a fantastic start to the day. One of my kids would eat these every single day if I would let him.
Top Review by **Mandy**
These are great tasting pancakes, I did a half batch and used part milk, part plain yoghurt that I had to use up. My texture was a little off perhaps due to using egg substitute and the equivalent of only one egg so next time I will use real eggs. These were quite sweet so I may omit the sugar next time & just use honey. Little Miss DD & I enjoyed these with sliced banana & recipe #329546 spread over the top. Thanks Susie!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats (or quick-cooking oats)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Whisk wet ingredients together.
- Add wet mix to dry mix, stir until just combined.
- Cook on griddle until puffy and nicely browned.
- Serve piping hot with maple syrup, or your favorite topping!
- You may also substitute buttermilk for the regular milk, but then you need also to increase the amount of baking soda to 1 teaspoon instead of 1/2 teaspoon.