Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fruit sherbert with bananas, cranberry lemons and orange. Note use pastuerized or certified egg whites. From Better Homes and Garden's Low Calorie recipes magazine.
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- In a mixing bowl combine the banana, orange peel, and Orange and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Add the cranberry and the sugar. Turn into a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan and freeze until firm.
- Break into chunks and put in a prechilled mixer bowl. Using a chilled beater, mix until smooth.
- Return to pan. Freeze again until firm. Repeat the last step again and then in a mixing bowl beat whites until stiff peaks. Fold into the fruit mix.
- Return to pan and freeze firm. Let stand a few minutes before scooping.