This compote came from Taste of Home in 1994. I love the ease and taste of the crisp fruits within a light sauce. Plus it looks great on the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- 2In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, orange juice (from Mandarin oranges) and lemon juice.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 4Remove from the heat, set aside.
- 5In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, apples and bananas.
- 6Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- 7Cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Fruit Compote Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g