Recipe by Shoflypie
This compote came from Taste of Home in 1994. I love the ease and taste of the crisp fruits within a light sauce. Plus it looks great on the table.
Top Review by jan pan
I love this fruit salad. I usually omit the banana because it tends to get mushy over time. I substitute halved grapes instead. I usually mix green or red grapes with a contrasting apple color. It's very colorful.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 green apples
- 2 red apples
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, orange juice (from Mandarin oranges) and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, apples and bananas.
- Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.