Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This compote came from Taste of Home in 1994. I love the ease and taste of the crisp fruits within a light sauce. Plus it looks great on the table.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, orange juice (from Mandarin oranges) and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, apples and bananas.
- Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.