Recipe by ummi77
This is my DH favourite for tea learnt from a Thai cookbook. Very simple and fast to prepare.
- 1 pumpkin (weighing 600 to 800gm)
- 4 large eggs
- 400 g brown sugar or 400 g palm sugar
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash pumpkin and cut off the top with 5cm diameter circling the stem.
- Keep the top as lid.
- Scoop out pulp and seed leaving the flesh intact.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Mix eggs, sugar and finally coconut milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into pumpkin.
- Insert the top lid.
- Steam the pumpkin for 30 minutes until custard is firm and pumpkin is tender.
- Leave pumpkin to cool and chill.
- To serve, cut pumpkin into thick wedges and present them sideways on platter.