Recipe by BlondieItaliana
A fabulous white pizza... again, four cheeses are used (grated parmesan, provolone, ricotta, & mozzarella) as well as fresh broccoli florets. You could substitute with spinach if you like, but we LOVE this recipe as is... I buy the pre-made pizza dough from my grocery store to save time, but you could always make your own of course. Also, I use MILD provolone - it's pre-packaged & pre-sliced think it is Belgioioso brand. Note: I use the 12 oz. bag of "Broccoli Wokly" which is already cut into florets - I steam it according to the package directions first in the bag & use the full bag on the pizza.
Top Review by Suburban Farmer
This was so easy and delicious! Perfect for a week night dinner. I made some changes because of what I had or didn't have in hand. No pizza dough, but I had 10" burritos! I used asiago cheese instead of provolone. I also cut up a chicken cutlet that was left over from the night before and added that. The result was a huge hit! Thank you for a great recipe!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb provolone cheese, sliced (mild)
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (I use Broccoli Wokly whole 12 oz. bag steamed)
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough. Coat pizza pan with the olive oil and spread out rolled dough evenly to all edges of pan. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Top with sliced provolone then place broccoli florets (already steamed per broccoli wokly package directions) on top of provolone. Using two teaspoons, spoon about 3/4 teaspoonful size spoonfuls of ricotta sporadically around the broccoli areas in empty spots. Season whole pizza with salt, oregano & garlic powder to taste then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly all over pizza.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until crust just golden brown. Slice & serve.