Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great mushroom appetizer...ideal for parties and family gatherings !!
- 12 large mushrooms ("stuffers")
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Mince them and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic and minced mushroom stems.
- Cook until soft (about 5 minutes over medium heat).
- Add the basil and wine.
- Simmer until almost dry (about 7 minutes).
- Cool slightly.
- Blend in the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the mushroom caps in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Fill the caps with the mixture and bake for 15 minutes (or until lightly browned).
- Serve warm.
Very delicious and easy! I had enough stuffing to make about 5 more mushrooms though...buy a few extra at the store when making this dish.
what agreat recipe...yum yum one of my favs!!!!!!