Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A woman in my mother's group (MOPS) brings this to our morning breakfasts. It is always eagerly received. She got it out of a Southern Living Holiday Cookbook. Good find! She uses a 12-inch tart pan when she brings it to us.
- 15 ounces refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (3 ounce) packageshredded parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet onions
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Roll both pie crusts together to fit 11 inch tart pan or quiche pan. Top with parchment paper and add pie weights.
- Bake at 400 for 12 min or until lightly browned.
- Quickly remove weights and parchment paper, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let cool.
- Drain chopped spinach well by pressing between paper towels.
- Stir together spinach, eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella, cheddar cheese, and onion into prepared crust.
- Add spinach mixture.
- Top with red bell pepper and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, until set. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 30 minute.
Delicious! My friends and family devoured it. This recipe is in my favorite stand-bys! Three suggestions: 1. You really do need an 11-in. pan. I tried a 9-1/2 in. pie pan and a 9-3/4 in. springform pan, but both were too small for all the filling. Everything fit when I used the 11-in. 2. You can cut the feta cheese. With all the other cheeses, the buttery crust, and the creamy spinach filling, the rich feta is not really necessary. That saves money on ingredients, too. 3. 40 minutes was too short for my oven. It took closer to 55 or 60 for the quiche to bake through. Thanks for this awesome recipe, Kitchen Witch Steph!