1/2 Photos of Four Cheese Spinach Macaroni
Made with penne pasta--man this is good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- 2In a dutch oven, melt the first 2 tablespoons of butter, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 3Add milk and cook until thoroughly heated.
- 4Gradually stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, the cream cheese, the mascarpone, mozzarella, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- 5Stir in the spinach and cooked pasta and blend well.
- 6Place this mixture in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 7In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan and butter and mix well.
- 8Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the macaroni mixture and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes at 375°F.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Spinach Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 790.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: