Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made with penne pasta--man this is good.
Make and share this Four Cheese Spinach Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- In a dutch oven, melt the first 2 tablespoons of butter, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, the cream cheese, the mascarpone, mozzarella, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the spinach and cooked pasta and blend well.
- Place this mixture in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan and butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the macaroni mixture and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes at 375°F.
Great with a chopped artichokes!
Delightful! Actually, mine ended up being an 8-cheese dish because I added a handful of Mexican 4-cheese blend to the mix. I also had lots of leftover ham from Easter and threw some in as well. Loved the crunchy parmesan breadcrumbs on top. Thanks for posting!
I really liked it. I did find out that my significant other dosn't really care for spinich. Could use a little bit more salt. Very creamy! Yum. Can't wait to eat leftovers.