Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this sounds yummy! i cant wait to try it. It's from taste of home.
Make and share this Four-cheese Spinach Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, saute the vegetables and garlic in oil until crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- Set 1 cup aside.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Layer with 4 noodles, half of the cheese mixture and vegetables and 3/4 cup spinach mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, reserved spinach mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
I love this recipe!! I made a doub le batch because I have a huge family, and they loved it!! They kept coming back for seconds and this lasagna is now their favorite. It has lots of great veggies and super colorful!! A great dish!