Recipe by gailanng
Add more cheese if desired. You'll love the variety of cheeses.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Wow...who needs to go to a pizza shop when you can make your own delicious pizza! I used Recipe #187519 for the crust. I also chose the tomato sauce instead of the crushed tomatoes. I'm not a fan of mushrooms so I substituted black olives instead. I also added a little onion because I had to use it up. I ended up with a delicious, chewy pizza that had all my favorite toppings. Made for Aug. 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 12 inch round pizza dough (I prefer mine pre-baked for about 10-12 minutes)
- 295.73 ml crushed tomatoes or 295.73 ml tomato sauce
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml dry crushed basil leaves
- 1.23 ml dry crushed oregano leaves
- 118.29-177.44 ml Italian sausage, crumbled, browned, drained
- 177.44 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml grated asiago cheese
- 78.07 ml chopped sweet green pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded provolone cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the tomatoes with the Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano to make the pizza sauce.
- Place the dough on pizza pan or baking stone. Prebake if desired. Ladle the sauce over the crust; spread evenly. Top pizza with the remaining ingredients. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden. Cut the pizza into wedges.