Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Add more cheese if desired. You'll love the variety of cheeses.
- 12 inches round pizza dough (I prefer mine pre-baked for about 10-12 minutes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed tomatoes or 1 1⁄4 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed oregano leaves
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Italian sausage, crumbled, browned, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the tomatoes with the Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano to make the pizza sauce.
- Place the dough on pizza pan or baking stone. Prebake if desired. Ladle the sauce over the crust; spread evenly. Top pizza with the remaining ingredients. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden. Cut the pizza into wedges.
Wow...who needs to go to a pizza shop when you can make your own delicious pizza! I used No-Knead Food Processor Thin Crust Pizza Dough for the crust. I also chose the tomato sauce instead of the crushed tomatoes. I'm not a fan of mushrooms so I substituted black olives instead. I also added a little onion because I had to use it up. I ended up with a delicious, chewy pizza that had all my favorite toppings. Made for Aug. 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.