Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this impressive spread a lot for holidays, parties, birthdays, etc. It makes a lot, but it all always gets eaten!! You can make it several days in advance, too.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- crackers or red apples or green apple, slices
- In a mixing bowl beat 1 pkg. cream cheese with milk and sour cream til smooth.
- Spread into a 9" pie plate lined with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In mixing bowl, beat Brie, swiss, blue cheese and remaining cream cheese til thoroughly combined.
- Gently spread over chopped pecans smoothing top flat.
- Cover and chill overnight or up to 3-4 days.
- Before serving, invert onto a plate and remove plastic wrap.
- Arrange pecan halves on top around edge.
- Serve with crackers or apples.
Great recipe and a breeze to make. I served with fuji and granny smith apple slices along with crackers. My favorite was the apples and they looked really nice ringed around the cheese. The taste improves as it comes to room temp. (To keep the apples from browning I gave them a quick dip in pineapple juice and let them dry. They stayed perfect for days.) This would be a wonderful appetizer to serve at a wine party or tasting. Thanks for recommending Wildflour - it's a keeper!