1/8 Photos of Four Cheese Panini With Basil Tomatoes
Panini with 4 Italian cheeses and tomatoes with basil....grilled cheese will never be the same again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 118.29 ml shredded Fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- 44.37 ml asiago cheese (freshly grated) or 44.37 ml parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 118.29 ml shredded provolone cheese (3 ounces)
- 8 slice tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise (spread outsides with butter) or 8 slice firm white bread (spread outsides with butter)
- 8 arugula leaves (optional, but recommended)
- 1In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Spread the cheese on the bottoms of the ciabatta rolls. Top with tomato slices and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and add 2 arugula leaves and close the panini.
- 2Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan (can fill with water if you need more weight). Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 minutes per side.
- 3Cut panini in half and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Panini With Basil Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 343.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: