A delicious alternative to a redsauced-covered manicotti. This is delicious served with a crisp green salad and fresh bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, diced fine (or shredded)
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1Saute onion and mushrooms (if using) in butter 5 minutes; stir in flour.
- 2Gradually stir in milk; stir over low heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- 3Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- 4Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain and cover with cold water.
- 5Mix together ricotta, mozzarella, Romano and remaining Parmesan cheese; add walnuts, parsley and eggs.
- 6Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Drain manicotti shells; stuff with cheese mixture.
- 8Place shells side by side in a greased shallow baking pan; spoon sauce over all.
- 9Bake in preheated 400F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Manicotti in Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.2
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 239.4 mg
- Sodium 902.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g