Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From WW Easy Menus 8 pts for 2 manicotti
- 12 uncooked manicotti
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided (2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packagegarden vegetable-flavored light cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces block fat free cream cheese, softened (about 1/2 cup)
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained and ssqueezed dry
- 1 (27 1/2 ounce) jartomato-and herb reduced fat low-sodium pasta sauce
- oregano sprig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic: saute 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat;set aside Combine 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese,1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, ricotta cheese,and softened cream cheeses in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Stir in onion mixture and spinach.
- Spoon cheese mixture into cooked manicotti.
- (about 1/3 cup per shell) Divide 1 cup pasta sauce evenly between 6 individual casserole dishes coated with cooking spray (if you don't have individual casserole dishes,use a 13 x 9 inch baking dish).
- Arrange 2 stuffed manicotti in each dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over each serving.
- Place dishes on a baking sheet.
- Cover each dish with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with oregano, if desired.
- Yield 6 servings (serving size 2 manicotti for 8 pts).