1/7 Photos of Four Cheese Macaroni - Low Fat & Delicious!
Princess Pea's Note:
From Chef Juan Carlos Cruz-"Calorie Commando" on Food Network- comes this delicious comfort food without the guilt. We had this tonight with grilled pork chops, seasoned green beans and spiced apples. I followed the recipe to the letter and husband, son and I thought it was delicious. Note: it is not at all soupy, so if you like your mac runny, add more milk! Also, we felt it needed salt and fresh ground pepper at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 4Salt water.
- 5Add macaroni, and cook until al dente.
- 6Drain into a colander.
- 7Run under cold water and set aside.
- 8While pasta is cooking, combine flour and milk in a large saucepan, whisking until blended.
- 9Cook over medium heat until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10Add cheeses and cook until melted and thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in the cooked macaroni and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 12Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 13Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- 14Bake until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Macaroni - Low Fat & Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese