Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For more of a " grown-up" tasting Mac and Cheese I put some feta in. Delish! I'll never use boxed Mac and Cheese again!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large pot cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Return to pot.
- Add milk, melted butter, pepper, and salt. Stir in cheeses. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Carefully stir mixture.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake 5 minutes more or until crackers are browned and mixture is just heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I have a neighbor couple who absolutely love mac & cheese, & since I've been cooking for them now & then, I often make it & do appreciate finding recipes like this one! I only changed 1 ingredient & that was the crackers, instead using my great standby, Milton's Multi-Grain Crackers! They really liked the cheese combo, & now would like to try the dish using some feta, so I'll be making it that way for them next time! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
A very creamy, rich mac n' cheese. I made as written but will give the feta a try next time. I had never used ricotta in my mac n' cheese before, and it gave it the creaminess. I don't usually have Ritz around, so rather than buy them for this dish, I would skip this step or used buttered bread crumbs next time. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.