1/1 Photo of Four Cheese Macaroni
This is a wonderful way to use up all those bits of cheese left over in the fridge. The idea comes from Weight Watchers and it lends itself to using cheese you have on hand. Of course, Weight Watchers recommends reduced-fat cheese and there were quite a few changes made by me. To ensure that the sauce is nice and creamy, make sure that one of the cheeses you use is a processed cheese. True comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups small shell pasta
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan-reggiano cheese
- 1Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water as per package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- 2Stir in milk, Jack Cheese, American cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepper and ground mustard.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- 4Serve in individual dishes topped with 1 tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano per serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: