Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
It is all about the cheese.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry lasagna noodles (or 1 lb fresh lasagna noodles)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or 2 cups fresh tomato sauce)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese or 2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°; oil the sides and bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil; add in the dried pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente; if using fresh pasta, cook for only 2-4 minutes.
- In a blender or with an electric mixer, blend the tomato sauce and the ricotta cheese until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil and parsley.
- Spoon a little of the sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Place a layer of cooked noodles over the sauce, and sprinkle a portion of the mozzarella, feta, parmesan, and herbs over the noodles.
- Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, cheeses, and herbs, finishing with a cheese layer sprinkled with remaining herbs.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.