Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for meats, bread and veggies to be dipped into. Its best to shred your own cheese rather than buying it pre shredded.
- 5 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine (I use Sauvign Blanc)
- 1⁄4 large lemon, juice of
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1. In a gallon size ziplock baggie combine all four cheeses and the flour. Shake well.
- 2. In a large non stick pot or a fondue pot add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- 3. Add in Garlic, stir well.
- 4. Add in cheese/flour mixture slowly and stir but avoid stirring in a circle. I try to "stir" in a cross shape going up the pot and across the pot with the spoon- this will keep the cheese from forming into a ball and keeping it smooth. Cook until fully melted, watch it carefully to avoiding burning.