Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I won first place in two different Iron-Chef competitions with this savory and delicious take on classic fettuccine alfredo. This is my original recipe. I also made a complimentary perlini pasta with pesto and suggest a side vegetable of garlic Asparagus. You can see my recipes for both of these items.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- fresh nutmeg
- 4 ounces fresh pancetta, small pieces
- 4 ounces fresh prosciutto
- 1 lb homemade fresh fettuccine
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile in a large saucepan over high heat, bring the cream and butter to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute. Add 6 tablespoons each of the 4 cheeses and whisk over low heat and season with salt and pepper to taste and a generous pinch of nutmeg. Set aside. Saute the pancetta and lightly sauté the procciutto in a skillet.
- Generously salt the boiling water, add the fresh pasta and cook until al dente, 1-3 minutes. Drain.
- Put the fettuccine pasta in a warmed large shallow dish. Pour on the sauce and sprinkle with 6 more tablespoons of the cheese. Serve all immediately on two sides of a dinner plate with the asparagus.
- Garnish and add sides to your liking. Enjoy!
This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it!
Wow! This dish is absolutely incredible. Authentic yet easily achieved by the home chef.