1/8 Photos of Four Cheese Cannelloni
Both light and filling, this entree has become one of our favorites! It's perfect for dinner guests. Serve with a side salad to complete the meal. *If you are substituting manicotti shells, you will need to double the filling as canelloni tubes are 1/2 the size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 whole cannelloni tubes, cooked*
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cups light ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup baby parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, mixed
- 2 -3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups cooked lean ground turkey (**)
- 1For Vegetarian please read step 8 and omit the turkey.
- 2Preheated oven @ 350F or can be microwaved.
- 3Oven/microwave proof dish.
- 4Have the cannelloni cooked and well drained, ready for the filling.
- 5*If you are substituting manicotti shells, you will need to double the filling as canelloni tubes are 1/2 the size.
- 6Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and allow it to simmer over a very low heat while preparing the filling.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese to a smooth consistency, then add the ricotta cheese and egg.
- 8Add the oregano, chopped onion and cooked ground turkey.
- 9** Finely chopped spinach, partially cooked and very well drained, may be substituted for the turkey.
- 10With a spatula, fold in the motzarella and parmesean cheeses.
- 11Spoon about 1/2 cup of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish.
- 12To fill the canelloni, use a pastry tube or a plastic bag with one corner cut out. Hold one shell standing open inside the baking dish and pipe in the filling, being careful not to over stuff the shells.
- 13Lay the filled shells on the sauce, side by side. Bake at 350F for approximately 20 minutes or til heated through. Watch carefully as over heating may cause the cheese filling to spill out from the cannelloni, still tasting delicious but ruining the appearance.
- 14To serve, place 2 cannelloni on a heated plate, spooning a light amount of sauce over top. Be sure to have extra sauce and fresh grated parmesean cheese on your table for those that desire it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.9
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 1342.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked lean ground turkey