Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Ziti and this looks AWESOME
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart ovenproof casserole dish; set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring half-and-half, basil, and crushed red pepper to a simmer in a heavy, large saucepan over medium high heat. Add cheeses 1 handful at a time, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in egg yolks. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Mix in pasta. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake until heated through, approximately 10 minutes. Serve hot.
This was very, very good!! I used (way) more cheese that called for, but being a cheeseaholic, that is to be expected. Instead of provalone, I used pepper jack. Everything else was done to the letter, and everybody just about licked the plate clean. Thanks for posting such a wonderful, quick weeknight meal!