Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmm, a very simple fruit salad, great served as a side with brunch or breakfast! Make it to be served right away, or make it the night before and pop it in the fridge overnight.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered if large
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 2 teaspoons small mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and sugar.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and mint. Toss to combine. Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle nuts over top if desired.
What a wonderful recipe, it was so quick and easy to throw together, with terrific results. I used fresh berries and enjoyed them very much. Only change to your recipe was to use pecans instead of walnuts. Loved the layer of flavor from the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, so good, together with the nuts, nice savory elements. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
Fantastic! We used walnuts because I'm trying to increase my iron intake. The berries were in-season and very sweet (even the blackberries). What a great fruit salad!
I was determined to make this recipe even if the berries weren't in season around here, & I managed all but the blackberries, then added the other ingredients (used toasted pecans for the nuts), & had a great tasting salad! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]