Recipe by iris5555
From Body+Soul magazine. I've made this with just strawberries and blueberries. Although the balsamic seems like an odd ingredient, it adds a lovely taste.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add all berries and mint. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- (Note: I only add the vinegar and sugar to the berries right before serving as I don't think the salad tastes as good when the berries have been in the vinegar for a second day.).