1 hr 20 mins
Karen in San Diego's Note:
This pie was the hit at Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I planned to make a berry pie but, due to the grocery strike here in SD I had to go to 3 stores to find any berries at all. The third store only carried Springfield brand and my only choice was a four-berry mixture. I bought it and adapted a couple of recipes and died a million times while the pies were being served since I had no idea what it would taste like. It beat out the pumpkin, the pecan and the apple! My husband kept asking me why I never made it before!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen springfield mixed berries (strawberries, boysenberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Pour berries into large bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes- they will still be icy.
- 2Meanwhile prepare pie dough.
- 3Mix flour and salt in large bowl.
- 4Add Crisco and cut in with 2 knives.
- 5Add about 1/8 C ice water and mix.
- 6Add more water 1 T at a time until dough holds together.
- 7Divide in half and form into two balls.
- 8To roll out- put about 1/4 C flour in the middle of your cutting board.
- 9Place the first ball on the flour, then turn over.
- 10This is to be sure that the ball is evenly coated with flour.
- 11Begin rolling lightly from the center and work your way around the ball so that you are getting an even circle.
- 12Keep scooping teaspoons of flour on top of the dough if your rolling pin starts sticking.
- 13When it is slightly larger then your pan, roll the crust up onto the rolling pin to transfer to the pan.
- 14Pour sugar/cornstarch mixture over berries and gently mix.
- 15Pour into 9" pie pan lined with prepared crust.
- 16It will seem like there are too many berries but they will cook down while baking.
- 17Heap them up in the middle for a great looking pie.
- 18Cover with top crust and cut vents.
- 19Sprinkle sugar over crust and bake in 375°F oven for 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four-Berry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.9
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g