Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be quite spicy or quite mild, depending on the sausage and salsa you use. Try different combinations. I prefer a chicken or turkey sausage with a fresh salsa from the supermarket deli case.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- Brown sausage; drain excess fat.
- Add beans and salsa; bring to a boil; add up to a cup of water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Serve in heated bowls, topped with cheese and cilantro.
- Tortilla chips are good on the side.
Tasty, easy soup that went together very quickly. I used La Victoria salsa, Johnsonville Smoked Turkey Sausage and cheddar cheese.