Recipe by Hey Jude
I love bean salads and really like this one that uses a couple different beans from the norm. Found in the Chicago Tribune.
Top Review by mandabears
this was very good, the next time i will decrease the cumin amount a little, I thought it made the beans a little bitter. everyone at the dinner party loved the salad and not only was it good, the presentation was colorful.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a large colander and rinse well under cold running water; drain thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pulse garlic and hot pepper in a food processor; add cilantro, oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, cumin and salt; process until well combined and pour dressing over the beans, toss.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled; stir well and adjust the seasoning if necessary.