Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This bean salad has the perfect combination of sweet and sour.
- 453.59 g can green beans, drained
- 453.59 g can wax beans, drained
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml slivered green pepper
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times.
I love this recipe!! I used fresh green beans instead of a can and it tasted wonderfully! I will be using this recipe again!
wow! This was really, really, really overwhelmingly sweet. And fairly bland. After letting it sit for a few hours I dumped out the extra liquid in the bowl and added in about 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and then added some seasoning salt and fresh parsley. That helped immensely...
I was a bit skeptical of this recipe, but it was actually really, really good. It tastes better on the second day so I highly recommend making it in advance. I couldn't find wax beans, omitted the green pepper and the scallions. I added some finely chopped red onion and let it marinate overnight. After marinating for a full day, I put over some argula and it acted as a dressing and I served it as an argula salad with beans. Delicious. My guests LOVED it. Thanks!!