Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This bean salad keeps for a few weeks in the refrigerator, and is very tasty. Can sizes do not have to be exact.
- 14 ounces green beans, with juice
- 14 ounces yellow wax beans, drained
- 14 ounces lima beans, drained
- 14 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced onion rings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimiento (chopped)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I tend to cut the sugar to about 1/2 or 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil or any kind of cooking oil)
- Put green beans and juice in a large bowl.
- Add drained yellow, lima and kidney beans.
- Slice onion rings about 1/4" thick.
- Add along with celery and pimiento.
- In another bowl combine sugar, mustard and salt.
- Stir together well.
- Add vinegar and oil.
- Stir until dissolved (will take a few minutes).
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Let stand at least 24 hours before serving.
- Keeps for weeks.
- Dish up with a slotted spoon.
This is easy and very tasty, I used Spanish onion as it has such a great crunch and taste too. I put in those little corn cobs too, and a little less sugar to the mix.
I did not change not one thing with the recipe. My Brother loved this salad. With the weather being so very hot this cool and refreshing treat is just what he needs at the end of a long hot hot day. Thank You for helping me fix something good for my brother. Hugs
Great recipe it did stay a long time in fridge.Thanks Linda