Recipe by BrendaM
This bean salad keeps for a few weeks in the refrigerator, and is very tasty. Can sizes do not have to be exact.
- 14 ounces green beans, with juice
- 14 ounces yellow wax beans, drained
- 14 ounces lima beans, drained
- 14 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced onion rings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimiento (chopped)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I tend to cut the sugar to about 1/2 or 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil or any kind of cooking oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put green beans and juice in a large bowl.
- Add drained yellow, lima and kidney beans.
- Slice onion rings about 1/4" thick.
- Add along with celery and pimiento.
- In another bowl combine sugar, mustard and salt.
- Stir together well.
- Add vinegar and oil.
- Stir until dissolved (will take a few minutes).
- Pour over bean mixture.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Let stand at least 24 hours before serving.
- Keeps for weeks.
- Dish up with a slotted spoon.