Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Even people who don't like bean salad will love this recipe....it's easy and so delicious! One of my girlfriends gave me this recipe years and years ago and it is one of my favorites.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, plus
- 1 (5 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can wax beans, plus
- 1 (5 ounce) can wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, plus
- 1 (5 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, plus
- 1 (5 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced very thin
- 1 head cauliflower (cut flowerettes off thin)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon course ground pepper
- Drain the beans and mix beans, onion, green pepper, celery and cauliflower together. In a separate bowl, mix all the Dressing ingredients stirring well to dissolve the sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture - stir to coat. Cover and chill several hours stirring occasionally.
This easy and quick bean salad is a great side dish that goes with just about any meal. I made it up early in the day to allow the beans to marinate and it was ready to go at supper time. Yes, I agree....even those who may not like bean salad is going to love this. Thanks for sharing this winner, Barb_in_Indy. We loved it!