Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens, but I have made changes based on our taste. A simple, uncomplicated meal my kids like.
- 16 flour tortillas (6-inch diameter, original recipe-corn tortillas)
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained (original recipe-garbanzo beans)
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 297.66 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning mix (my addition)
- 1.23 ml ground cumin (my addition)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (my addition)
- 283.49 g can enchilada sauce
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil; bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine beans, cheese soup, taco seasoning mix, cumin, and pepper in a saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup filling onto one end of each tortilla.
- Starting at the end with the filling, roll up each tortilla.
- Arrange tortillas, seam side down, in two 2-quart rectangular baking dishes.
- In bowl, stir together enchilada sauce and tomato sauce; pour over tortillas.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- If desired, sprinkle with olives and green onions.