1 hr 20 mins
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens, but I have made changes based on our taste. A simple, uncomplicated meal my kids like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 flour tortillas (6-inch diameter, original recipe-corn tortillas)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (original recipe-garbanzo beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (my addition)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (my addition)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (my addition)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil; bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 2Combine beans, cheese soup, taco seasoning mix, cumin, and pepper in a saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until heated through.
- 3Spoon about 1/3 cup filling onto one end of each tortilla.
- 4Starting at the end with the filling, roll up each tortilla.
- 5Arrange tortillas, seam side down, in two 2-quart rectangular baking dishes.
- 6In bowl, stir together enchilada sauce and tomato sauce; pour over tortillas.
- 7Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 9If desired, sprinkle with olives and green onions.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Bean Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 1588.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.0 g