5 hrs 20 mins
This dish is pleasing to the eye and to the palate! You can easily adjust the spices to suit your taste, and add Tabasco or hot pepper sauce if you'd like more heat. I usually serve my chili over corn chips, topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. This recipe is always a bit hit at potlucks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Brown beef with onions, green peppers, garlic, and taco seasoning until meat is cooked through and onions are clear.
- 2Place cooked beef mixture in crockpot.
- 3Add all canned items, ending with the broth.
- 4Add the spices and mix through lightly.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- 6If not using a crockpot, place all in large Dutch oven, and simmer for at least 1 hour over low heat.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 696.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix