I got this from a past issue of Cooking Light Magazine (about 10 years ago). I have never tasted it because I cannot handle hot salsa, but everyone else that ate it said it is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add boiling water to chilies; let stand 30 minutes; drain and remove seeds.
- 2Combine chilies, onions, water, Tomatillos, oregano, cumin, and salt in a medium sauce pan.
- 3Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- 6Place mixture in a blender.
- 7Process until blended but still chunky
- 8Add tomato sauce and pulse a couple more times to mix but not over-process the salsa.
- 9*optional: Chop up a whole jalapeno and mix into salsa if you prefer more heat *.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four-Alarm Red Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g