Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite snack food around the station house. This makes around 4 to 6 quarts, so scale accordingly. I usually use the peppers whole, but the heat can be regulated by removing veins and seeds from the peppers. The peppers may also be roasted on the grill.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes (thoroughly drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (thoroughly drained)
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 4 serrano chili peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 2 anaheim chilies
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (I like lots and often use a whole bulb)
- 1 -2 bunch cilantro
- Add onion, garlic, cilantro (stems removed) to food processor, spin until finely chopped. (adding a little of the tomatoe at this time may help).
- Prepare peppers, by coring and quartering to make them more uniform (remove seeds and veins if desired). Add to food processor and spin until finely chopped.
- Add the drained Whole tomatoes, and puree.
- Combine all with diced tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and chill.