1/1 Photo of Four Alarm Chili
1 hr 10 mins
Red Hot Chili Peppers's Note:
Everyone has their own chili recipe or a variation of someone else's. Heck, there are probably already TWO on this site that could be just like this one. I have been making this chili for more than 25 years. The ingredients have been tweaked here and there over the years until I found just the right flavor and this is it! All I know is when I make a pot of this chili, there are never any leftovers. Like any recipe, if you leave out or change an ingredient, it doesn't come out the same way. Try it this way, then go ahead and create your own version. If you like your chili really hot, instead of hot sauce use Hotter 'n' Heck Hot Sauce. But most of all just ENJOY IT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (or your favorite brand)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of bushs best chili magic chili starter (I like the Texas Medium or the Louisiana Hot)
- 20 ounces warm water
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon masa harina flour (corn flour)
- olive oil
- 1Lightly oil the bottom of a 3-quart pot with olive oil and lightly sauté the onions, peppers and garlic. Do not brown.
- 2Add the ground sirloin and brown. Do not drain off fat; this adds to flavor of the chili.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients and the hot sauce in the warm water and stir until well dissolved.
- 4Pour this seasoned water mixture into the meat, peppers, garlic and onions.
- 5Add the beans and the tomatoes and green chilies.
- 6Mix to blend all items. Bring to a gentle boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve with bread or crackers.
- 9*** If you want your chilli a bit more spiceier try adding a couple diced up habanerro peppers seeds and all.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Alarm Chili
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 426.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: