Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
My oldest son bought me a set of 4.5-inch springform cheesecake pans and I found this recipe with stir-in variations by Googling. Found on Diana's Desserts website at http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/1927/Recipe.cfm. Source: Kraft Foods, November 24, 2003. See Directions below recipe for ideas for garnishing, or stir-in variations! Please note that the nutritional information does NOT include stir-in ingredients!
Top Review by Annacia
I love this recipe! I made the full amount of the base recipe. Divided that into quarter amounts and then added a different flavor to each. I made: Chocolate Chunk Mini Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake, Citrus Mini Cheesecake and Mocha Mini Cheesecake. I only sampled the Citrus one and put the other 3 in the freezer to be enjoyed later. The recipe makes very nice cheesecake, it's smooth and creamy. I'm very happy that I tried this. :D
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (chocolate graham cracker crumbs, or chocolate wafer cookie crumbs may also be used)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix crumbs, the 3 tablespoons sugar and butter; press scant 1/3 cup crumb mixture onto bottom of each of 4 mini (4-1/2-inch) springform pans. Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 7 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Decide what variations you'll make and pour 1/4 of the batter (about 1 cup) into each of 4 bowls. Add one of the stir-In variations to each bowl of batter, as desired. Pour over crusts. Place pans on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until centers are almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rims of pans to loosen cakes; cool before removing rims of pans. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Topping Ideas to garnish: Fresh fruits, such as strawberry halves, slices of kiwi, whole raspberries, sliced peaches, or chocolate curls can be placed in the middle of cheesecakes, for garnish, before serving.
- STIR-IN VARIATIONS ~ For each 1/4 portion of batter (approximately 1 cup), stir in one of the following:.
- APPLE PIE MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 1/8 teaspoon. ground cinnamon; pour over crust. Bake as directed. Top cheesecake with combined 1/2 cup warmed apple pie filling and 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar.
- NEW YORK MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon flour.
- CHOCOLATE CHUNK MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 1/4 cup milk chocolate chunks.
- CITRUS MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon, orange, or lime juice; 1 teaspoon flour and 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon, orange. or lime zest.
- S'MORES MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chunks; pour over crust. Top with 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows and 1 tablespoon broken graham crackers.
- COOKIES AND CREAM MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cookies, such as Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies or Chips Ahoy! Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- CHOCOLATE ROYALE MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted.
- PEANUT BUTTER MINI CHEESECAKE: Stir in 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon milk.
- MOCHA MINI CHEESECAKE: Mix 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules with 2 teaspoons hot water. Stir into batter along with 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted.