Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious frothy old fashioned cool treat, serve this in a tall chilled glass, the amounts listed are for one large serving or 2 very small servings, add a little chocolate or strawberry syrup to change the flavor slightly :)
- 1⁄2 cup very cold milk
- 1⁄4 cup ginger ale (or use seltzer water, also called carbonated water)
- 3 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- In a blender mix together milk, ginger ale, malted milk powder and vanilla for a few seconds just to combine.
- Add in vanilla ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Pour into large tall chilled glass/s with a long straw.
LOVED IT! I made it with club soda and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream :yummy: Funny thing though, my definition of 2 large scoops must be way off because it took 4 "large" scoops to get to a milk shake consistency :lol: Thanks Kitten for another keeper!
You expect this to be wonderful and it doesn't disappoint. Great flavor in a thick, rich shake. I honestly couldn't notice the ginger ale in it. It didn't seem to add any taste, lightness or fizz but I'm sure it must have added something in a subtle way. I can tell you that it sure goes down nice. 2 mins is about right start to finish.