1/1 Photo of Fountain Dogs
Saw this on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee. They look so good. LOVE bacon on anything. Can be made outside on the grill on indoors under the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 white onion, sliced in rings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- 2Cook bacon slices in a microwave oven for about 1 minute, or pan fry until the edges begin to curl but the bacon is still flexible. Drain well.
- 3Wrap each frank in a slice of bacon, securing the ends with toothpicks; set aside.
- 4Toss onion slices with olive oil. Grill bacon-wrapped franks and onion slices on hot oiled grill, for 4 to 5 minutes per side (16 to 20 minutes total). Turn onions everytime you turn franks.
- 5Serve hot on toasted buns with lots of condiments.
- 6INDOOR: Prepare dogs as directed. Preheat broiler. Place dogs on wire rack over foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Place under broiler 4 to 6 inches from heat source and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until bacon is crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fountain Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 908.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g