Recipe by KelBel
Saw this on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee. They look so good. LOVE bacon on anything. Can be made outside on the grill on indoors under the broiler.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Had this for lunch today and really enjoyed it. The bacon really adds a nice touch. I skipped the onion part of the recipe and just added some sliced red onion with relish and mustard. Thanks. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 white onion, sliced in rings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- banana pepper ring
- sweet relish
- yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Cook bacon slices in a microwave oven for about 1 minute, or pan fry until the edges begin to curl but the bacon is still flexible. Drain well.
- Wrap each frank in a slice of bacon, securing the ends with toothpicks; set aside.
- Toss onion slices with olive oil. Grill bacon-wrapped franks and onion slices on hot oiled grill, for 4 to 5 minutes per side (16 to 20 minutes total). Turn onions everytime you turn franks.
- Serve hot on toasted buns with lots of condiments.
- INDOOR: Prepare dogs as directed. Preheat broiler. Place dogs on wire rack over foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Place under broiler 4 to 6 inches from heat source and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until bacon is crispy.