Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Egyptian Bean and Veggie soup. Serve with warm pita and some parsley or mint garnish.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped fresh
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fava beans, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, Chopped fresh
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, and freshly ground
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot saute the onions and garlic.
- in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, and.
- carrots and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- and simmer until the carrots are tender, about.
- 15 minutes. Finally, add the cooked fava beans.
- and the parsley and lemon juice.