Egyptian Bean and Veggie soup. Serve with warm pita and some parsley or mint garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped fresh
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fava beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, Chopped fresh
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, and freshly ground
- black pepper
- 1In a large soup pot saute the onions and garlic.
- 2in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- 3Add the cumin, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, and.
- 4carrots and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- 6and simmer until the carrots are tender, about.
- 715 minutes. Finally, add the cooked fava beans.
- 8and the parsley and lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foul Nabed -- Egyptian Bean and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: