Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Egyptian Bean and Veggie soup. Serve with warm pita and some parsley or mint garnish.
Make and share this Foul Nabed -- Egyptian Bean and Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped fresh
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fava beans, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, Chopped fresh
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, and freshly ground
- black pepper
- In a large soup pot saute the onions and garlic.
- in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cumin, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, and.
- carrots and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- and simmer until the carrots are tender, about.
- 15 minutes. Finally, add the cooked fava beans.
- and the parsley and lemon juice.