Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
This is how my DH makes his Foul. I love it with Dill now it's my favorite. We normally eat it for breakfast with eggs and fresh bread.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Fantastic - but I'm a fool for foul! Made for my breakfast today and eaten with middle-eastern pita bread (thinner, more pliable than the Greek) and also added some chopped parsley. Huge, earthy flavour. Loved it!
- 1 (400 g) can fava beans (in water and salt)
- 2 ounces chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a non stick skillet. Turn the heat on medium and pour beans with water from can into pan .
- Add Tahini, olive oil, garlic,cumin,sea salt,dill.
- Allow to warm and then turn heat to low.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon and then mash the beans with a fork.
- Serve immediately with extra chopped dill and some chopped tomatoes for garnish.Drizzle extra Olive Oil on top and Eat immediately with warm bread.