Prep 0 mins
Cook 1056 hrs
This is a coffee and orange liqueur that I just saw on tv and simply had to add to my coffee recipe collection! It looked gorgeous, a lovely amber, and you surely can't find an easier recipe.
- Get a large, clean glass jar (with a mouth large enough to fit the orange into) that you can tightly close.
- Wash the orange to remove any dirt, dust or wax.
- With a sharp tipped paring knife make 44 evenly spaced slits in the orange.
- Fully insert a coffee bean into each slit.
- Put 44 sugar cubes into the glass jar.
- Put the orange into the jar.
- Pour all of the Vodka into the jar (yes, I said all of it, no tibbling yet!).
- Shake or swirl the jar gently until the sugar is about half dissolved.
- Stash the jar in a dark, cool place that your not going into a lot.
- Gently (you don't want to bruise the orange) shake or swirl the jar daily for 44 days.
I made this for Xmas gifts this year and it was delish! Everyone raved about it! Easy to do and very nice, just be sure not to taste it too often or you will have nothing left after 44 days!
I used a kahlua rum flavored coffee bean and 3/4 cup plus 1 T sugar. The final product is a rich, coffee orange liquer that is great for sipping after dinner or as an addition to coffee. Unique and tastey.