1 hr 20 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Because the garlic is cooked whole instead of minced, they keep most of their flavor. Only a hint of garlic flavors the rest of the dish. The cloves themselves mellow with cooking so you can eat them whole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt.
- 2Cook the chicken on all sides in hot oil until browned.
- 3Arrange the chicken in a baking dish.
- 4Add unpeeled garlic cloves and wine to the chicken.
- 5Squeeze lemon quarters over the chicken; adding the squeezed quarters to the dish.
- 6Lightly sprinkle ground red pepper over the chicken.
- 7Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- 8Transfer chicken and garlic to a serving platter, discarding lemon.
- 9Spoon cooking liquid over chicken and garlic.
- 10To eat garlic, squeeze the unpeeled clove between your thumb and finger until the clove pops out of its peel and into your mouth.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forty Clove Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 85.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 22.8 g