Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Because the garlic is cooked whole instead of minced, they keep most of their flavor. Only a hint of garlic flavors the rest of the dish. The cloves themselves mellow with cooking so you can eat them whole.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt.
- Cook the chicken on all sides in hot oil until browned.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish.
- Add unpeeled garlic cloves and wine to the chicken.
- Squeeze lemon quarters over the chicken; adding the squeezed quarters to the dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ground red pepper over the chicken.
- Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken and garlic to a serving platter, discarding lemon.
- Spoon cooking liquid over chicken and garlic.
- To eat garlic, squeeze the unpeeled clove between your thumb and finger until the clove pops out of its peel and into your mouth.