Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Because the garlic is cooked whole instead of minced, they keep most of their flavor. Only a hint of garlic flavors the rest of the dish. The cloves themselves mellow with cooking so you can eat them whole.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt.
- Cook the chicken on all sides in hot oil until browned.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish.
- Add unpeeled garlic cloves and wine to the chicken.
- Squeeze lemon quarters over the chicken; adding the squeezed quarters to the dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ground red pepper over the chicken.
- Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken and garlic to a serving platter, discarding lemon.
- Spoon cooking liquid over chicken and garlic.
- To eat garlic, squeeze the unpeeled clove between your thumb and finger until the clove pops out of its peel and into your mouth.
If you're a garlic lover, look no further! This is an excellent version of this recipe! Perfect for me as I'm low carbing it! I browned my chicken in olive oil, and added a couple of sliced onions to the pan before I baked it, but that's the only deviations I made! The garlic really mellows and sweetens in flavor during the roasting process! The juices were plentiful, so I topped some steamed broccoli with it! Wonderful meal, thanks Karen!