Recipe by Mindelicious
Well not exactly 40 but 10 and that's still alot!! This is a great meal to throw together, put it into the oven, and go do whatever until its ready. Very simple but amazingly tasty!! I recommend serving with Caulipots (Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes) which can be found in her book. This recipe comes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book Appetite for Reduction - 125+ fast & filling low-fat vegan recipes. Enjoy!
Top Review by magpie diner
A garlicky dish for sure! Very enjoyable easy to prepare. I found that after the recommended cooking period, the garlic still wasn't cooked ... and by that point the broccoli was verging on being overdone - so I ended up covering it and letting it cook another 10 minutes or so. I may have taken the term 'smashed' too literally :), next time I'd chop it up more. The chickpea lover in the house thought they were fantastic, and I really liked the broccoli best. The broth was of course fantastic! I could have used more broth just to drizzle on top. I served with plain rice which was maybe too bland an accompaniment...a mash with this is a great idea (which is what I'm assuming Caulipots is!). Thanks Mindelicious, looks like I'm going to have to buy that book!
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into large spears, stems chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400 deg F. Place the broccoli, garlic, and chickpeas in a 9 by 13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, several pinches of pepper, and add the lemon zest & oregano. Toss again to coat and put into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and add the vegetable broth. Use a spatula to loosen any crisp bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the garlic is tender and broccoli is browned in some places. Enjoy!