Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a version of fortune cookies without butter.
Make and share this Fortune Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ** Also need 12 slips of paper with fortunes and 1 empty muffin tin.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until very frothy with soft peaks just beginning to form.
- Mix in the flour, sugar, almond extract, vanilla, and water.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of batter on an ungreased baking sheet to make a 5-inch circle.
- Repeat so you have two cookies.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- QUICKLY remove cookie from pan with a thin spatula, flip it, and place the fortune slip of paper on top.
- Pinch the two opposite sides of the cookie together around the paper.
- Bend the cookie over the edge of a cup and place it in the muffin tin to cool.
- Repeat with the second cookie.
- Repeat until the batter is used up.