1/2 Photos of Fortune Cookies
Charlotte J's Note:
Going with an oriental meal tonight? End it with your own homemade fortune cookie. Could you ever let your imitation go with writing out "fortunes" for everyone. One for my daughter " I see a clean your room in your future".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Combine egg whites, sugar and salt.
- 3Mix well until sugar and salt dissolve.
- 4Add butter, flour, and extracts.
- 6Drop a few tablespoons of dough onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
- 7Leave plenty of space for the cookies to expand.
- 8I'd bake only a few until you get the hang of molding them.
- 9Bake 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 10Mold warm cookie over a wooden spoon handle to form a cylinder.
- 11Insert a"fortune".
- 12Pinch ends together to shape the traditional fortune cookie.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g