1/11 Photos of Fortune Cookies
This is a great recipe that came from the Food Network, so I wanted to post it here (I was looking for a really good fortune cookie recipe on here). One thing, I did find that when I used the recommended tablespoon in putting the batter on the cookie sheet, the centers of the cookies were too "doughy" and the edges were golden brown, and the cookies broke when I tried to bend them into the fortune cookie shape. So, using a rubber bowl scraper, I put a small amount on the cookie sheet and just swirled it around until it was a nice, thin layer, about 3-inches in diameter. This worked perfectly! But, when the recipe says only make a few at a time, it's no joke! These harden quickly and unless you've got others in the kitchen to help or you move with lightning speed, I suggest only making 2 or 3 at a time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need: 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch fortune strips.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Grease a cookie sheet thoroughly.
- 4Whip the egg whites on low speed until light and foamy.
- 5Blend in the sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- 6Pour in the melted butter, flour, salt, and extracts; mix until well combined.
- 7Drop a tablespoon of the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- 8Using the back of a spoon, spread the batter evenly into very thin 3-inch rounds.
- 9Alternatively, use the lid of a jar with a 3-inch circle punched out as a template, pour the batter in the ring, and remove.
- 10Because you must work quickly to shape these cookies, bake just 3 at a time.
- 11Bake for about 5-8 minutes or until the edges are a light golden color.
- 12Remove the cookies with a spatula and place on a work surface.
- 13Lay a fortune in the lower middle of the cookie, and fold in half to make a semi-circle.
- 14Bend the edges up toward each other to make a crescent.
- 15Drag the crease across the rim of a small measuring cup, with the ends facing down.
- 16Cool in mini muffin tins to hold shape until crisp.
- 17Repeat with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 109.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g